How To Fake Tan Safely And Naturally
There are many faux tanning products available for use, be it lotions or sprays, but we want to ensure the products that we choose to tan our skins with are safe from toxic chemicals and cruelty free.
Many tanning products are full of synthetic chemicals and fragrances and are manufactured by companies that still test on animals. are not.
Tips For Fake Tanning Safely
- Whatever product you choose to use, first research the ingredients they contain and choose a product containing the most natural and organic based, chemical free, ingredients possible. This includes when you get a professional spray tan. You have every right to ask to see the list of ingredients if the products are going to be applied to your skin.
- Beware of products that advertise they are natural and contain organic ingredients. Look always for the organic certification logos and read the ingredients thoroughly. A long list of ingredients, or names you don’t recognize, is best avoided.
- Avoid the following ingredients in tanning products; parabens, propylene glycol, synthetic fragrances & artificial dyes.
- If you choose to have a spray tan, again I urge you to find one that is as close to natural and organic as possible and be absolutely fastidious about covering your mouth, eyes and nose. The safest spray tan brand I could source is Eco Tan, but they do still use DHA, although it is a certified organic form of DHA.
- If you want to bronze up your skin, choose the safest options and use an all natural and certified organic and certified cruelty free self tanner such as Eco Tan. If you want an instant fake tan try out Adorn Cosmetics Natures Tan .
- Using Minerals Makeup To Tan Skin – any certified cruelty free, nano-particle free, pure mineral bronzing powder will work well and can be used all over the face and body. For a more subtle effect, mix any of the above product in with an all natural body lotion, to give your skin a beautiful warm, bronzed glow. Try using a vegan mineral bronzer;e .g. Livinia Naturals Bronzing Powders or Dark Tones Minerals Powders or Creams.
- Always ensure the brand of tanning lotion or bronzer use use is accredited cruelty free by Choose Cruelty Free.
Before you leave,sign up to LivingSafe and stay informed! LivingSafe helping you live healthier & safer.
Some other personal care articles you may find interesting are;
Browse more helpful articles in my Personal Care section here.