Reducing Your Unborn Baby’s Exposure To EMF, Pesticides and Toxic Chemicals
While pregnant, there are many do’s and don’t that you will have to willingly embrace in order to ensure you are doing your very best to give your developing baby, a healthy start to life. It may seem stressful and complicated, but it’s really not. The guidelines below provide simple & easy to follow safety tips on reducing your unborn baby’s exposure to EMF, Pesticides and Toxic Chemicals and how to easily find chemical free, healthier food and safer, healthier, cleaning alternatives.
How To Minimize EMF Exposure While Pregnant
Radiation exposure from mobile phones and WiFi is something all pregnant women should try to do their best to minimize.
- Do your absolute best not to keep your mobile phone near your baby bump. Do not keep your phone in your pocket, or inside your handbag resting near your belly, when switched on. Read Mobile Phone Radiation Linked To Increase In Brain Tumors In Children – Mobile Phone Safety Tips.
- Whenever possible, when you don’t need to use your phone, switch it off. If you don’t want to switch it off completely, then switch it over to airplane mode. In airplane mode it doesn’t emit radiation, but you can’t make or receive calls either. That being said, it is very simple to disable the airplane mode when you need to make a call.
- While pregnant, keep your mobile use to a bare minimum. Keep your calls as short as possible and hold your mobile as far from your belly and body as possible, by using speaker phone.
- If you use a laptop, never rest it on your lap when pregnant. Put your laptop up on a table, as far from your belly as comfortably possible. If you don’t need to use the internet, then switch the WiFi off by using the airplane mode again.
- If you have a desktop computer, you can swap back to using a corded keyboard, mouse and cabled internet connection, rather than using WiFi. This will significantly reduce EMF exposure to you and your developing baby. Read WI-Fi Dangers, France Bans WiFi in Nursery Schools.
- If you can’t switch from WiFi to cabled internet connection, then at bedtime switch your WiFi modem off. Also make sure your modem is as far away as possible from your body when you are sitting at your computer.
- Avoid using portable, cord free, DECT home phones. Cordless land-line phones often, disconcertingly, have higher radiation levels than mobile phones. You can easily purchase, cheap corded phones and these are a much safer option. Read About EMF Exposure & How To Minimize EMF At Home .
Eat Organic When Pregnant
Eat a diet rich in locally grown, fresh, organic foods when pregnant. Organic food is free from pesticides, fungicides and GMO’s. Organic food is also free of artificial food additives.
In a scientific study done in 2011, pesticides where found to pass through the expectant mother to the unborn foetus and have adverse affects much like tobacco. This included premature births and low birth weights. These pesticide residues also affect the developing brain in young children.
See Why Organic Food Really is Healthier
- Minimize the amount of rice you eat and it is best to eat Australian grown rice as the arsenic levels in rice are measured in this country. See High Arsenic Levels found In Rice Products.
- Be wary about eating any products, whether organic or conventional from areas still affected by radiation fallout from both Chernobyl and the recent Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.
See more information here in my articles. Japanese Seaweed Products And Radiation Contamination
See article on organic berries imported from Europe and radiation here.
How To Prepare Food Safely When Pregnant
- Remember just like with conventional fruit and vegetables, wash your organic fruit and vegetables thoroughly.
- Organic food is grown in soil using natural fertilizers, such as various animal manures, blood and bone etc. that contain potentially harmful pathogens and bacteria.
- Never eat salad from a salad bar, or any salad or fruits if you are not sure that they are super fresh and have been washed properly.
- Avoid food poisoning while pregnant by learning how to correctly prepare, store, defrost and reheat food safely. See How To Prevent Food Poisoning While Preparing Food.
Safer House Cleaning Tips During Pregnancy
When you are pregnant the last thing you want to do is clean your home with highly toxic, bleach, chemical disinfectants and synthetic air freshening products.
You can easily and efficiently clean your home using simple, all natural, cleaning products such as, white vinegar and bicarb, salt and of course hot water, steam and microfiber cloths
For helpful natural cleaning tips see